|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Ambercite is a provider of tools and services to search and classify the patent landscape based on the advanced analysis of citation data. These include:
- Cluster Searching can identify similar prior art or later patents to 1 to 100 starting patents in a manner of seconds, using a unique algorithm that can detect similar patents based on advanced citation analysis. Licensing opportunities can be prioritized. Cluster Searching can greatly improve the productivity of patent searching for invalidity, patentability, freedom to operate, licensing and patent landscaping purposes - while new patents missed by conventional analysis.
- Amberscope, which has a graphical user interface that forms an interactive patent network around a patent of interest (seed patent). Tools are provided to filter this network, determine the most similar and important patents in the network, rate the patents, remember your search history save and send project results, and even identify indirectly connected patents that may be relevant.
- Network Patent Analysis which can characterize a complex patent landscape and simultaneous rank and cluster patents. Outputs are provided in the forms of patent landscape maps and matching lists of patent ranking and groupings. Ambercite has published white papers describing patent landscapes in the areas of hybrid cars , smartphone patents  and Alzheimer's treatments.
- Cluster Searching is available via cost-effective corporate subscriptions. API feeds are also available.
- Amberscope is available via paid subscriptions at prices ranging from $39 for a simple project, and including monthly subscriptions starting from US$199. Yearly subscriptions start from $2000.
- Network Patent Analysis is currently available on a project basis, with the cost of preparing a patent landscape at around US$10,000 per project (which can include the analysis of up to several hundred thousand patents). Projects take about two weeks after final sign-off from clients.
- ↑ Hybrid car technologies – what can the advanced patent analysis method Network Patent Analysis (NPA) tell us about the leading companies and patents? January 2011. Accessed on June 23, 2014.
- ↑ The Smartphone Patent Wars March 2011. Access on 23 June 2014.
- ↑ Clearing the fog: Patenting trends for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease April 2012. Accessed on 23 June 2014.