|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Ambercite is a patent mapping system that uses “Network Patent Analysis (NPA, formerly known as Network Patent Analytics), [which] is the process of using patent citations to first link together patents in a given technical area, and then using the proprietary algorithms to analyze these citation linkages to:” 
- “determine the leading patents in the technology area” 
- “form these leading patents together into a network diagram (patent landscape map) that shows the technology landscape of the technology area, with the diagram highlighting the relative strength of these patents and similar technologies (patent clusters)” 
- “[underpin] the patent landscape map with a spreadsheet of bibliographic data. This spreadsheet includes key patent bibliographic data, and data showing the relative ranking of these patents, which clusters they fall into, and which patents these clusters connect to.” 
Ambercite creates specific “NPA landscape maps” and spreadsheets for a client after an initial meeting where the client “determines [their] objectives.”  Ambercite then finalizes the proposal with the client and delivers the map and spreadsheet within “about two weeks.” 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 “Network Patent Analysis.” Ambercite: Next Generation Patent Mapping, http://www.ambercite.com/our-approach/network-patent-analysis/network-patent-analysis-%28npa%29-201011101.html . Accessed on April 4, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 ”Consulting and NPA Maps.” Ambercite: Next Generation Patent Mapping, http://www.ambercite.com/products-%26-services/consulting/consulting-and-npa-maps-2010111013.html. Accessed on April 4, 2011.