|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
- Issued US patents from 1976-2011, full text
- Issued US patents from 1920-1979, text searchable through OCR
Users can register an account and access additional tools and content:
- Your own workspace, where you can save searches and patents.
- Full access to the patent filters.
- PDF and Image downloads back to 1790.
ArchPatent Pro (paid) accounts have access to the following additional tools and content:
- USPTO Patent Assignment data back to 1980, including history and sorting.
- Patent alerts for new filings, grants, and reassignments.
- Ad-free interface.
Users can browse through patents by category or search the patent collections through two available search forms, basic and advanced. On the homepage below the quick search form, users can select to browse by patent classification.
The two search forms include:
- Basic search: A simple keyword search form that accepts Boolean operators and lets the user select patent type, status, and patent series. If a search option isn't available, the check box next to it is grayed out.
- Advanced search: Keyword search within fields (full text, document number, title, claims, applicant/inventor, assignee, examiner, agent/attorney), select desired patent type/status/series, and search within a range of filing or issue dates.
Within the search result list, users can sort, save, view and filter their data in a variety of ways:
- Re-rank the search results in ascending or descending order according to patent number, US Classification System, or issue date.
- Check boxes next to each result in the hit list allow registered users to save selected results to a personal workspace.
- Users can select the invention number or title to view the full document record.
- Users can select the "View PDF" link beside each result to view a PDF version of the document on Google Patent.
- A sidebar beside the results contains a number of filters which users can apply (US Classification, assignee, examiner, agent, applicant). According to an informational pop-up on the filter, "for unregistered users the lists are limited to the top 10 values in each filter, ordered by hit count. Our registered users enjoy the ability to load up to 1,000 values in each filter - and to sort them alphabetically or by occurrence."
On the full record of a document, users can select to download the PDF version of the document, save it to the personal workspace, email the document, or print the document. The full record view includes the following sections:
- Overview (bibliographic data)
- Patent images (view through Google Patent)
- Referenced by
- Full description
Search keywords are highlighted throughout the document record.
Within the workspace section, registered users can view their Saved Patents list, Saved Searches list, and their most recent 100 search queries.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "ArchPatent Beta." ArchPatent website, http://archpatent.com/home.htm. Accessed October 18, 2011.
- ↑ "Comparison." ArchPatent website, http://www.archpatent.com/comparison. Accessed August 1, 2012.
- ↑ "Search Filtering." Information pop-up above filter sidebar, http://www.archpatent.com/search.htm. Accessed October 18, 2011.