|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Attensa StreamServer is a product that aggregates news feeds from various sources into customizable interface designs. The product can handle data feeds from premium subscription content providers such as EBSCO and Ovid, as well as web content and internal content. Capabilities of StreamServer include:
- Personalized web dashboard.
- Social collaboration tools and recommendations.
- Personalized email briefings.
- Customizable news feeds to embed in SharePoint, Intranet sites and other portals.
- Ability to share, rank, tag, and offer feedback on news items.
- Publish your own news items or create personalized newsletters.
- Use StreamServer as a central content repository and thereby index content across all sources. Indexed content can then be searched using StreamServer.
- Personalized article recommendations based on user profile and "More Like This..." feature.
- Aggregate/mash up sources and curate content.
- Bring relevant emails and documents into StreamServer with E-mail-to-Stream capabilities. Includes support for attachments like PDF, text and Microsoft Office documents.
- Organize topics and sources into digital libraries, with click-to-subscribe access for public or private libraries of information.
- Centralize subscription management.
- Employee directory integration.
- Visibility of subscribers, their libraries and how they are using StreamServer.
- Usage reporting and analytics: Attention Dashboards, Attention Reports, Dynamic Attention Profiles for each user.
According to the Attensa website, StreamServer "can be deployed on premise at a company or hosted by Attensa in a software-as-a-service model," and companies can license StreamServer on an annual subscription or per-user basis.
- ↑ "Capabilities Overview." Attensa website, http://www.attensa.com/what-is-streamserver/capabilities-overview/. Accessed October 12, 2011.
- ↑ "Frequently Asked Questions." Attensa website, http://www.attensa.com/what-is-streamserver/faq/. Accessed October 12, 2011.