|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The British Library website features a searchable database of the British Library website, Online Gallery, Catalogue records, and Journal articles.
The four sources contain the following information:
- British Library web pages - Searches 10,000 web pages from the main British Library website.
- Online Gallery - Searches 30,000 images from Online Gallery.
- Catalogue records - Searches the British Library Integrated Catalogue, which contains records for 14 million items, including books, serials, printed music and maps.
- Journal articles - Searches records of over 9 million articles published, during the last five years, in the 20,000 most heavily requested journals at the British Library.
Catalogue records are available for purchase or viewing in the on-site Reading Rooms. Journal articles are available for electronic delivery from the British Library Direct service.
- ↑ "Search Tips and Advanced Searching." The British Library website, http://www.bl.uk/searchtips.html#scope. Accessed on January 12, 2011.