|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
CASREACT is a CAS database (like CAplus, CAS REGISTRY, CHEMCATS, CHEMLIST, CIN, and MARPAT) containing organic chemical reaction data, including organometallics, syntheses of natural products, and biotransformation reactions. The database is accessible on the STN and SciFinder platforms. On STN, "structure-based reaction queries, functional groups, CAS Registry Numbers, textual reaction information, yields, bibliographic information, substance and subject indexing, and abstracts are searchable," and "CAS roles, patent family information, and cited references are displayable."
CASREACT is updated weekly with 30,000-50,000 single- and multi-step reactions, and the database contains more than 36.5 million single- and multi-step reactions. More than 14 million additional synthetic preparations are also available in CASREACT on the SciFinder platform. CASREACT records include information from:
- Journals covered for Chemical Abstracts (CA) from 1985 to the present
- The reaction collection jointly built by the All-Union Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (VINITI) and the German Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung Chemie, Berlin (ZIC) and supplied by the German software company, InfoChem from 1974 to 1991
- Reactions from INPI data since 1840
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "CASREACT® - Answers to your chemical reaction questions." CAS website, http://www.cas.org/expertise/cascontent/casreact.html. Accessed September 21, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "CASREACT." STN International website, http://bit.ly/XBwv83. Accessed September 21, 2011.