|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
CKS Web is a Japanese patent search tool offered by the Japanese company CKS Corporation.
CKS Web is accessible from a web browser, and does not require desktop software. Because the interface for the product is entirely in Japanese, users will require a Japanese-language enabled browser and Japanese encoding for their keyboards. There were about 2,000 users of the CKS Web system as of late 2010, according to a CKS representative.
According to the CKS website, features of CKS Web include:
- Selective dissemination of information (SDI) alerts are available. The user can save a search query, and the system will notify the user by email about new results.
- Monitor prosecution and legal status.
- Citation tree diagram.
- Frequency tables for IPC and FI classes.
Users can subscribe to one or more administrative IDs, priced on a monthly basis. Users can also purchase administrative IDs with SDI viewing and/or SDI management capabilities.
A full list of major recent updates to the system can be found on the CKS website (in Japanese).
- ↑ "CKS Web." CKS website, http://www.cks.co.jp/html/i-1-2.htm. Accessed October 12, 2011.
- ↑ "Price." CKS website, http://www.cks.co.jp/html/i-1-3.htm. Accessed October 12, 2011.