|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
CNKI, or the China National Knowledge Infrastructure, is an e-publishing project approved by the Press and Publications Administration of PRC and backed by Tsinghua University that began in 1996 and publishes databases containing e-journals, newspapers, dissertations, proceedings, yearbooks, reference works, etc. Free searching is available on the CNKI homepage, which is in Chinese but can be translated using Google Translate. Users can also access an English-language version of the CNKI portal, which lists all available CNKI databases:
- China Academic Journals Full-Text Database - 1994 onward（most are retrospectively covered）
- Century Journals Project - 1915-1993
- China Doctoral Dissertations Full-Text Database - 1999 onward
- China Master's Theses Full-Text Database - 2000 onward
- China Proceedings of Conferences Full-Text Database - 1999 onward
- China Core Newspapers Full-Text Database - 2000 onward
- China Yearbooks Full-Text Database - 1912 onward
- China Reference Works Online
- China Statistical Yearbooks Database
Although searching many of these databases is free, users must subscribe to view the full-text content. Subscription products available from the vendor, EastView, are detailed here.
Users can select any of the above databases on the CNKI EastView (English-language) homepage to search individually, or users can select to conduct a cross-database search (of any databases except China Reference Works Online and China Statistical Yearbooks Database). For the cross-database search, users can use:
- A basic search form (one available search form, with a drop-down menu of fields and option to search in a date range)
- Advanced search form (multiple forms combined by Boolean operators and date range)
- Expert search (command line interface)
Non-registered users can view the hit-list and bibliographic data on the records, but they must log in to download the full-text documents. Users can view a list of prior search queries under the Search History tab in the upper right corner of the portal.
- ↑ "Introduction." CNKI homepage, http://www.global.cnki.net/grid20/Aboutcnki/Introduction.htm (link no longer available). Accessed October 11, 2011.
- ↑ "Welcome to The China Knowledge Resource Integrated Database." CNKI EastView website, http://cnki.en.eastview.com/kns50/single_index.aspx. Accessed October 11, 2011.