Chemical Abstracts Service
|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), a division of the American Chemical Society, is an authority for chemical information. The secure databases, including CAS REGISTRY, are curated and quality-controlled by CAS scientists, and recognized by chemical and pharmaceutical companies, universities, government organizations, and patent offices around the world. CAS combines these databases with advanced search and analysis technolgies (SciFinder®, STN®, and Science IP® products and services.
CAS features both patent and journal article data and CAS REGISTRY data notably includes:
- literature references to the substance
- experimental and predicted property data (boiling and melting points, etc.)
- commercial availability
- preparative methods
- regulatory information from international sources
- ↑ "CAS Chemistry Research Report: 40 Years of Biofuel Research Reveal China Now Atop U.S. in Patenting and Commercialization of Bioethanol." PR Newswire Website http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cas-chemistry-research-report-40-years-of-biofuel-research-reveal-china-now-atop-us-in-patenting-and-commercialization-of-bioethanol-97069429.html. Accessed July 14, 2010
- ↑ "CAS REGISTRY - The gold standard for substance information." CAS Website http://www.cas.org/expertise/cascontent/registry/index.html. Accessed on July 14, 2010.