|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Chrawler, created by Scilligence Corporation, is software made to scan chemical structures in various document formats and make them structure-searchable. Users must purchase the software, and the program will "scan all your data sources, including local files, remote files on network, emails, web pages, SharePoint contents, etc., and find contained chemical structures, and make them structure-searchable (substructure, full-structure, similarity)." The Chrawler has multilingual functionality and supports Japanese and Chinese.
File formats supported by Chrawler include:
- Word DOC and DOCX
- Excel XLS and XLSX
- PowerPoint PPT and PPTX
- Outlook Emails
- SDF, MOL, RXN, MOL2, CML
- SMILES, InChI
- ChemDraw CDX and CDXML
- ChemFinder CFX
- ISIS/Symyx Draw SKC
- Marvin MRV
- JSDraw JSDRAW and JSSDF
- ZIP, GZ, TAR compressed files
- Oracle, SQL Server, MySql databases
- Support for PDF and Image file formats is currently under development
Different editions of Chrawler include:
- Chrawler Personal Edition (windows desktop)
- Chrawler Server Edition (web interface)
- Chem4SharePoint - Includes Chrawler Server Edition.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "Chrawler-Chemistry Edition." Scilligence website, http://www.scilligence.com/web/chrawler.aspx. Accessed September 31, 2011.