|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
AcclaimIP (previously known as CobaltIP) is a subscription-based patent search and analysis platform created by Free Patents, LLC (creators of FreePatentsOnline). The platform is offered as a "paid software-as-a-service (SaaS) product", and the platform allows users to search through the following patent data sets:
- US Patents
- US Applications
- Japanese Patent Abstracts
- World (PCT) Applications
- European Patents
Major Recent Updates
January 2013 - The AcclaimIP website issued the following press release:
Cobalt IP LLC today announced that it changed its name to AcclaimIP.com. The company is making the name change to further establish its unique identity in the patent search, analysis and visualization software industry and to accommodate concerns expressed by Cobalt Law. The company chose the new name because “Acclaim” reflects positive connotations and an association with high capabilities in their patent search and analysis platform.
September 2012 - The CobaltIP blog lists the following updates to the system:
- Stemming Options Explicitly Shown in Search Results Window - Now you’ll see radio buttons in the Refine panel with stemming options.
- Improved Similar Document Queries - We improved the similar document detection queries, especially the claims to claims search.
- Interesting Terms Feature Updated - Now you can view the Interesting Terms from a document and automatically generate an editable query from those terms.
- Several Improvements in Highlighting - We fixed a couple of edge-case bugs when term highlighting is turned on.
- New Searchable field: ANRE_CHAIN: - ANRE_CHAIN allows you to search for assignees anywhere in the reassignment chain of custody.
- More Tooltips Added - We added tooltips on the folder dropdown which shows you the name you gave the folder as well as its internal folder ID.
- Research Folder Improvements - CobaltIP now shows only active folders in the dropdown list, and hides the ones you have archived.
- Upgrades to the Interesting Terms Tool in the Document Details Window' - This upgrade is the first step in a new feature. In our next release we’ll offer a never-seen-before technique for keyword searching.
- Help Icon on the Desktop - The help icon is now on the CobaltIP desktop. You’ll still find it in the Start menu, but it is now also aliased on the Desktop.
- Export Options: User interface improved - Now you see the reports right on the Export menu from the Search Result window.
- Automatic Logout Notification - CobaltIP has always logged you out after a period of inactivity, which you can set in your preferences. Now, when you are logged out, CobaltIP locks the screen and gives you a message to log back in.
- Quick Link to Google Prior Art Finder & LinkedIn - From the Tools menu on the Document Details window, you can now quickly access Google Prior Art Finder. Also in the Document Details window, you can now automatically link to LinkedIn profile of an Inventor, Agent or Examiner so you can learn more about the individual.
We recently added a new feature to CobaltIP that fingerprints the classification profile of a target or seed patent, and then returns a ranked list of other patents that are similarly classified.
See the full blog post here.
May 2012 - According to a press release on the CobaltIP website:
Cobalt IP, LLC announced today a major new upgrade to their flagship patent analysis software product, CobaltIP. The new release has over 100 enhancements which will help patent researchers get more done in less time, make new connections with improved workflow support, and present findings with powerful visualizations.
The primary development effort was spent on a redesigned “query builder” which is the component of the software that converts form-based and advance syntax queries into the code that the data layer interprets.
[...] Existing customers have been automatically upgraded to the new code base. Software releases in the immediate future will roll out one feature at a time on a much faster release schedule.
A free trial of AcclaimIP is available, and three paid versions of the product are also available for monthly or annual subscription rates:
- Bronze Edition
- Silver Edition
- Gold Edition (annual subscription pricing only)
For pricing information and features available for each edition, see this chart on the AcclaimIP website.
The following features are listed on the AcclaimIP website (certain versions of AcclaimIP lack some features):
- Search Features
- Quick, Fielded and Expert Search Forms
- Natural Language Input
- Search Term Highlighting
- Image Viewer
- Faceted Search Filtering
- Data Features
- Claims Tree Diagrams
- Legal Status
- Maintenance Events
- Reassignment Events
- INPADOC Family Data
- Analytics Fields
- Forward & Reverse Citation Counts
- Entity Status (Large/Small)
- Claim Count
- Priority Count
- Inventor Count
- Assignee Count
- Family Size
- Word Count
- Co-Citation Analysis
- Column-Level Summary Stats
- Relative Value Index (RVI)
- Inline Images (Patent Figures)
- Standard PDFs
- Searchable PDFs (download of searchable PDFs costs extra)
- Chart by Year
- Chart by Assignee
- Chart by Class
- Class Bubble Chart
- Assignee Bubble Chart
- Citation Map
- Evolution Chart
- Abandonment Trend Chart
- Survivorship Rate Chart
- Multi-Series Chart
- One-Click Report (Assignee Overview)
- One-Click Report (Patent Overview)
- Workflow & Collaboration Features
- Remembers Recent Searches
- Remembers Recent Documents
- Term Highlighting
- Share Research Folders
- Annotate Patent Documents
- Create Research Folders (50, 500, or 1,000 limit, depending on version)
- Save Searches (50, 500, or 1,000 limit, depending on version)
- Set Weekly Alerts (4, 20, or 100 limit, depending on version)
- Export Documents (1,000, 15,000, or 30,000 limit, depending on version)
- Import Patents (1,000, 15,000, or 30,000 limit, depending on version)
- User Preferences
- Set Default Collections
- Set Search Output Columns
- Set Search Output Sort
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Free Patents, LLC Announces Beta Launch of CobaltIP Patent Analytics Software." Published June 10, 2011. Press release on CobaltIP website, https://www.cobaltip.com/press_release.php?id=39. Accessed January 24, 2012.
- ↑ "Data Sets." CobaltIP website, https://www.cobaltip.com/content.php?page_id=25 (link no longer available). Accessed January 24, 2012.
- ↑ "CobaltIP.com Changes Business Name to AcclaimIP.com." AcclaimIP website, https://www.acclaimip.com/CobaltIP-is-now-AcclaimIP. Accessed January 9, 2013.
- ↑ "New Build: See the Features we Added in September 2012 Build." CobaltIP website, https://www.cobaltip.com/node/110. Accessed November 8, 2012.
- ↑ Troyer, Matt. "A new technique for finding similar patent documents." Published June 25, 2012. FreePatentsOnline website, http://community.freepatentsonline.com/blog/new-technique-finding-similar-patent-documents. Accessed July 1, 2012.
- ↑ "CobaltIP.com Announces Major New Release of Flagship Patent Analysis Software." CobaltIP website, https://www.cobaltip.com/press_release.php?id=40. Accessed May 22, 2012.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "Compare Cobalt IP Products." CobaltIP website, https://www.cobaltip.com/content/compare-cobalt-editions.php. Accessed January 24, 2012.