|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The Electronic Document Information System (EDIS) is a free repository created by the US International Trade Commission (ITC) that hosts "all documents filed in relation to an investigation conducted by the United States International Trade Commission (USITC)." Additionally, users can "file documents for an investigation as well as search for documents which have been submitted to the USITC" through EDIS. Users must register and log in to use the system, but registration is free.
After signing in, the EDIS homepage has a menu of five tabs under which the user can access all services:
- Home - A link to the EDIS main menu, which provides links to help information and quick links to the Advanced Search and E-File documents.
- Reports - Users can create a "Document Filing Report" by selecting the filter criteria (Official Received Date range, Investigation Number, Investigation Phase, Investigation Type, Document Type, Security Level), choosing result preferences (sort by, sorting order, and number of items per page), executing the report, and the report can be downloaded in a PDF file for printing.
- Search - Users can select a fielded Advanced Search Form (which includes full text keyword search and search by investigation data, document data, document index data, submitter data, or date data) or a "Search by Investigation" form (which allows the user to search by investigation data fields - number, phases, types, title, and status).
- Submission - Users can electronically file documents with the USITC and generate a cover sheet for filing a document with the USITC.
- User Info - Change you password and security questions.
A Help tab in the far right corner links users to the EDIS Help Menu, which includes help documents, training documents, policy notes, and EDIS version info.
Users can also "sign up for RSS Feeds on EDIS documents by selecting an Investigation Type or Investigation to track, then filter by Document Type if desired."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Electronic Document Information System (EDIS)." USITC website, https://edis.usitc.gov/edis3-external/app. Accessed March 6, 2012.
- ↑ "EDIS3 RSS Feed Generator." USITC website, https://edis.usitc.gov/edis3-external/direct.svc. Accessed March 6, 2012.