|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
EnCompassLit is a non-patent literature database of over 930,000 document records from conferences, technical reports, and trade and scientific journals, started by the American Petroleum Institute in 1964 with patent database EnCompassPat and updated weekly. Both the Journals Source List (PDF) and the Monographs, Series and Proceedings Source List (PDF) for EnCompassLit can be found on the Engineering Information website. From June 2001 on, EnCompassLit includes current business and economic news that was formerly included in EnCompass: News.
EnCompassLit is available on Engineering Village and Dialog. In Dialog, EnCompassLit is File 354 (public access) and File 954 (subscribers). EnCompassLit utilizes the EnCompass Thesaurus, which contains over 7,000 technical terms. Users can receive weekly or monthly bulletins about specific subject areas:
- Catalysts & Zeolites
- Fuel Reformation
- Health and Environment
- Natural Gas
- Oil Field Chemicals
- Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals
- Petroleum Substitutes
- Transportation and Storage
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "EncompassLIT & EnCompassPAT." Engineering Information website, http://www.ei.org/encompasslit_pat. Accessed September 15, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Ei EnCompassLIT™." Dialog Bluesheets, http://library.dialog.com/bluesheets/html/bl0354.html. Accessed September 15, 2011.
- ↑ "EnCompassLit Bulletin Subject Areas." Engineering Information website, http://www.ei.org/LITBulletins. Accessed September 15, 2011.