|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
EuroPatentBox was a free patent search site created by the European Patent Foundation with coverage for all European Patent Office (EP) patent applications since 1978. The site no longer appears to be available.
Users who sign up for free get access to additional features including:
- Custom alerts (e-mail option available)
- "Quicklist" patent folder saving
- Industry trend newsletters
Users browse the site under three available tabs:
- By Categories - Browse through a hierarchical menu of IPC code categories, with the most recent relevant patent documents listed below the menu.
- By Applicants - Browse through an alphabetical list of applicant names, with country of origin and number of patents related to the applicant listed beside the name. Select the name to view a list of all related patent documents.
- By Inventors - Browse through an alphabetical list of inventor names, with country of origin and number of patents related to the inventor listed beside the name. Select the name to view a list of all related patent documents.
A list of top applicants, top inventors, and recently added patent documents are listed on the homepage.
Users can also select to search the site through a quick keyword search form (available in the upper right corner of each page) or an advanced search form that appears below the quick form. The advanced form allows the user to search in a number of fields (title, description, patent number, applicant, inventor, date range, applicant number, priority number, or Classification (IPC) number).
The full version of each document record includes bibliographic details, abstract, claim, description, mosaic images (if available), and a downloadable version of the original document via Espacenet.
- ↑ "EuroPatentBox." EuroPatentBox website, http://www.europatentbox.com/ (link no longer available). Accessed October 13, 2011.
- ↑ "Why to sign up?" EuroPatentBox website, http://www.europatentbox.com/why_register.html (link no longer available). Accessed October 13, 2011.