|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
PatOffice is system, created by the German company Euro Patent, which is used for "digital management, distribution and evaluation of applications and patents." All quotes from the Euro Patent website were translated through Google Translate from German to English. The Euro Patent website describes the following features for PATOffice::
- Clear display with high information density
- Personalization to optimize operations such as distribution or assessment
- Searchability of the data by uniform presentation, archiving
- Modular design for optimum adaptation to the diversity of use
- Internet and intranet capability
I have used PATOffice (www.europatentdienst.de) and is very good for in house database development, full text searching and automated ranked updates. PATOffice solves a lot of problems for the in house manager, searcher and attorney. Basically you can upload all the numbers of a patent search, PATOffice will retrieve the xml and then you can full text search, rank and notate. You can then set parameters for automated ranking on a weekly or monthly basis, you also distribute documents to team members and mark them as reviewed or not.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "PATOffice." Euro patent website, http://patoffice.de/ (registered users only). Accessed June 7, 2011.
- ↑ O'Gorman, Edward. "PATOffice from Europatent GmbH." PIUG wiki forum, http://wiki.piug.org/display/PIUG/PATOffice+from+Europatent+GmbH. Accesed June 7, 2011.