|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Fachinformationszentrum Technik (FIZ Technik) was a state-initiated technical information center formed in Frankfurt am Main, Germany in 1979 that produced bibliographic databases for technical subject areas, and it consisted of two companies, FIZ Technik eV and the FIZ-Technik-Inform GmbH. The organization filed for bankruptcy in May 2010. Employees of FIZ Technik eV founded a new company, WTI-Frankfurt eG (STI Frankfurt eG), in November 2010.
FIZ Technik offered about 70 databases with around 50 million records, including engineering literature, patent documents, and company and product information. The databases covered the fields of:
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Medical technology
- Textile technology
- Management and organization
WTI-Frankfurt was granted use and distribution rights for the TEMA® databases by the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi). The TEMA databases offer more than 4 million bibliographic records, accessible through the TecFinder search platform. The Technology and Management (TEMA) databases include German and/or English abstracts and can be searched in English or German.  TEMA databases include: DOMA® engineering and plant engineering, ZDE - Electrical, Electronic and Information Technology, ENTEC energy technology, WEMA® materials/material, TOGA® textile, MEDITEC Medical Technology, MOUNTAIN mining and BEFO management and organization.
On the TecFinder platform, users can also access TecScan, an early alert service for new publications on technical topics,, and the Thesaurus, which contains over 150,000 hierarchically organized technical terms.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "FIZ Technik." Wikipedia website, http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIZ_Technik. Accessed September 15, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Information for science, research, education and industry." WTI Frankfurt website, http://www.wti-frankfurt.de/index.php/ueber-wti. Accessed September 15, 2011.
- ↑ "TEMA ® - Over 4 million entries." WTI Frankfurt website, http://www.wti-frankfurt.de/index.php/tema. Accessed September 15, 2011.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "TEMA ® Technology and Management (TEMA)." WTI Frankfurt website, http://www.wti-frankfurt.de/images/stories/download/de-tema.htm. Accessed September 15, 2011.
- ↑ "TecScan - always up to date." WTI Frankfurt website, http://www.wti-frankfurt.de/index.php/tecscan. Accessed September 15, 2011.
- ↑ "Thesaurus Engineering and Management." WTI Frankfurt website, http://www.wti-frankfurt.de/index.php/thesaurus. Accessed September 15, 2011.