|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
FreeMedicalJournals.com is a free directory of open-access material from over 2,400 medical journals, offered as a service from Flying Publisher and Amedeo. Updates to the site are provided by Manuel Montenegro and Bernd Sebastian Kamps.. Users can sign up for free email alerts to learn about new journals added to the site. On the home page of the website, users can select links to:
- Sign up for Journal Alerts.
- View a list of new enters added to the site (organized in reverse chronological order).
- View the top 60 free journals.
Each journal listing includes the title, language, ISSN #, EISSN #, FMJ Impact, ISI Impact Factor, when content in the journal becomes free (after 6 months, 12 months, etc.), publication date range, and any notes about accessing the free content. Selecting the link in the journal title will take the user directly to the journal's publisher website. Selecting the magnifying glass icon beside the listing will take the user to a PubMed search that limits results to content from that particular journal.
Users can navigate through the site using the menu on the left side of each page, which offers the following options:
- Use a Google Custom Search form to conduct a keyword search through all records on the site.
- Topic - View an alphabetical list of topics. Users can select a topic to view the journals listed under that topic.
- FMJ Impact - Top 20, 21-40, 41-60, and Quick View (lists top 60).
- Free Access - Immediately, After 1-6 months, After 7-12 months, or Later.
- Title - Select a letter of the alphabet to view all journals with titles beginning with that letter.
- Language - Spanish, French, or Portuguese.
- ↑ "Free Medical Journals." FreeMedicalJournals.com website, http://www.freemedicaljournals.com/. Accessed September 15, 2011.