|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Freshpatents is a service which provides alerts about the latest issued US patents. They provide a free keyword monitoring service (with registration) to alert users to patents published in areas of particular interest. After registering, users can track up to 20 keyword entries. The "keyword report digests (summary of matches) are mailed every Tuesday-Wednesday morning," and these emails can be in either HTML or text-only format. The keyword monitoring services searches the following fields of the USPTO patent document: "Title, Abstract, Inventor Name, Agent Name and Location (Agent/Inventor)." Registered users can archive their keyword monitor emails on the Freshpatents website.
Users can also browse US patent and patent applications by:
- Inventor: An alphabetical directory of inventor names.
- Industry: Main classes of industries and selectable subclasses. When a subclass is selected, users view a list of the most recently issued patents related to that subclass. The patents are organized into weekly lists in reverse chronological order.
- Agents: An alphabetical directory of patent attorneys, firms, and agents.
- Location: Locations listed alphabetically by state, city, and country.
When users select a patent to view from the browsable lists, they are taken to a version of the document that displays abstract, bibliographic data, citations, and descriptions (when available). Users also can download a free PDF version of the document (number of downloads for non-registered users is limited). Users can also save the patent documents they are viewing to the Freshpatents organizer by choosing the icon "Save to Organizer," located near the top of the page under the abstract and bibliographic information. Patent documents saved to a registered user's organizer can be given tags and ratings and organized into different folders. It should be noted that Google ads are present on many sections of this site, including the full record view.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Monitor Keywords." Freshpatents website, https://www.freshpatents.com/account/monitor/. Accessed May 5, 2011.
- ↑ "Monitor Keywords: Archive." Freshpatents website, https://www.freshpatents.com/account/monitor/archive.php. Accessed May 5, 2011.