|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
GetIPDL is a stand-alone patent downloading application developed by Kazuya Ujihara. The application works by gathering patent documents from various national or regional websites and providing the official site and download link directly to the user. A trial version is free of charge, but registration provides several additional options.
The limitations on the trial version are as listed:
- Downloading from text from JPO is limited to bibliography part.
- Downloading image document is limited within 10 pages except CIPO and Thai IPIC. If a long document is requested, GetIPDL gives the first page instead of the concatenated document.
- Downloading image document from CIPO gives the first page only except the patents from CA1100000 to CA1199999, which are available without any limitations.
- Downloading image document from Thai IPIC gives the first page only.
- Downloading multiple documents at one time is not supported.
- It downloads some files from GetIPDL site before downloading a patent document. No data will be sent to GetIPDL site and I do not get any logs.
GetIPDL has the ability to fetch documents through the following servers/coverage areas:
There are several options and preferences available to the user, including download format (TIFF, PDF, or text), which directory to store files on the local computer, and which Espacnet server to use. Many number formats are supported and automatically corrected.