Global IP Estimator
|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Global IP Estimator is software sold by Global IP Net that calculates cost estimates for patent and trademark applications. Users can calculate estimates for a variety of intellectual property documents:
- PCT Patents - National phase
- EPO Patents - Regional phase
- Assignments and Modifications
Users can download a demo or free version of the product (estimates for Denmark and Japan). Users can also purchase a two-month trial version or the full version of the product.
Users select for which countries (or EPO/PCT) they want cost estimates for a patent document, and multiple countries can be selected at once. The users is then asked to enter information about the patent application (e.g. number of pages, number of claims, number of convention priorities, number of designations for EPO, whether the applicant is assignee, whether there will be a late filing of assignment, etc.).
After entering the information about the patent application, the software searches a database of "Minimum Fee schedules from Intellectual Property law firms in each country." The data in the database is updated regularly, and updates are mailed to users or made available online.
The estimates are generated by combining the application information entered by the user and the fee information from the database. Users can view cost estimates in three different formats: Condensed Report (one line per country, official charges, associate charges, in-house charges, and annuities), Summary Report (country's figures broken down into totals for filing, examination, and granting stages), and Detail Report (all sources of costs for the application).
Users can purchase supplemental software modules for Global IP Estimator, including:
- Assignment Module - Runs estimates for an Assignment or Name/Address Change.
- Design Module - Design patent estimates are not included in the basic Global IP Estimator software package. This module adds design estimates.
- Prosecution Module - Prosecution Stage costs for Patent applications.
- Timeline Module - Allocates costs to specific years, and creates a timeline projection of costs.
- User-Set Fees Module - Provides capabilities for the user to specify Foreign Associate fees.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 "Overview." Global IP website, http://www.globalip.com/overview/overview.asp. Accessed September 14, 2011.
- ↑ "Trying and Buying." Global IP website, http://www.globalip.com/Purchase/Purchase.asp. Accessed September 14, 2011.