|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
IPAustralia is the official intellectual property website of the Australian Government, and the site offers information on registering, searching, and protecting different forms of intellectual property, including patents, trademarks, designs, and plant breeder's rights. On the homepage, users can select an action they want to complete (learn about intellectual property, search for a patent, search for a trademark, apply for a trademark, or pay for a trademark), or the user can select from four different types of intellectual property (IP). For each section (Patents, Trademarks, Designs, and Plant Breeder's Rights) users can choose from the following options:
- Read an overview of the benefits of this IP form, what can be registered under this form of IP, and different types of the IP form.
- Learn about the application process for this IP form, including time and costs.
- Learn about options for searching for this IP form, including links to free databases (like AusPat for patent searches).
- Instructions on applying for the IP form.
- Information on applying for the IP form internationally.
- Information on managing the IP form after it it granted.
- Download forms, publications, FAQs, and case studies about that specific IP form.
The site also includes information on other types of intellectual property, like copyright, circuit layout rights, confidentiality/trade secrets, and domain names. Under the "About Us" section of the site, users can find information on:
- "What we do" - History, statistics, and activity of IP Australia and information about the website.
- Contact information for IP Australia.
- Corporate information on services provided by IP Australia.
- Available jobs.
- Freedom of Information disclosures.
- Links to regulatory and advisory bodies governing IP in Australia and internationally.
- News and media.
- An archive of downloadable publications.