|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
IPNewsFlash is a free IP-related news website maintained by patent attorney Rolf Claessen. The site contains a number of tools for prior art searching, monitoring recent patent publications and caselaw, and newsfeeds related to intellectual property law. Users can register for the website to:
- Personalize the IP Newsflash website
- Choose what kind of items are displayed in the news section (choose between English, German and/or Blog items)
- Choose what kind of items are displayed in the caselaw or notices section (choose between the different offices)
- Free Newsletter
A horizontal menu is available at the top of the IP NewsFlash website, with main sections including "Home" and "Tools" (other options on the main menu include "Register" and "About"). Under the "Home" section of the main menu, users can choose from a number of subsections below the main horizontal menu:
- News - A newsfeed of recent IP-related articles and blog posts.
- Notices - Notices from patent-issuing offices, like the EPO.
- Caselaw - Announcements of the most recent cases from BPAI.
- Books - Recently published books related to intellectual property.
- Top Links - Top 50 links (by visits).
- Simple View - Newsfeed lists for News, Caselaw, and Notices.
- All Feeds - Option to subscribe to all available newsfeeds (News, News (EN), Caselaw, Notices, Books).
- Submit News - Suggest a news article.
- My IP NewsFlash - Code for IP NewsFlash search box, Widgetbox, Springbox Widget, and Newsticker to add to personal websites. Users can also download IP NewsFlash toolbar and personalize IPNewsFlash after registering.
The "Tools" section of IPNewsFlash includes the following subsections:
- Patent Family Search - Search by patent number for patent family information (including legal status) based on INPADOC data.
- Patent Document Download - Enter a patent documemt number and select "Get." Available documents will appear in a separate window after selecting a link beneath the search box, "Display [Document #]".
- IPCentury Prior Art Search - Enter a publication number and "execute a computer-aided search for Prior Art based on an Invalidity Analysis derived by an artificial-intelligence engine."
- EP Caselaw - Look up a particular decision by the EPO Board of Appeals or view lists of decisions organized by "overall citations," "citations/year," or "most recent."
- Recent EP Caselaw - Details on recent EPO cases, including number of times the decision was cited, the underlying patent number and IPC class, references in the decision, and catchword/headwords.
- EP Monitor - Search recent EP publication by publication type, date range, IPC class, and subclasses (via drop-down menu). View recent publications and top applicants.
- Patent Search - Search via FreePatentsOnline.
- ↑ "Register." IP NewsFlash website, http://www.ipnewsflash.com/register.php. Accessed September 8, 2011.
- ↑ "IPCentury Prior Art Search." IP NewsFlash website, http://www.ipnewsflash.com/analysis.php. Accessed September 8, 2011.