|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Illumin8 is a data visualization tool developed by Elsevier. Illumin8 maintains a web-based interface and allows users to access both patent and non-patent literature content, including web pages, online business, technical, and trade news sources, over 5 million scientific and technical articles, over 40 million scientific records, and more than 24 million patent documents (WIPO,US, EPO, UK, and JPO). Features of Illumin8 include:
- An interface divided into four sections:
- Explore Section - View search results in interactive data charts.
- Evaluate Section - View potential benefits and problems related to a research topic.
- Compare Section - Compare two chosen topics "based on trends in volumes of published records, and relevant organizations, people, products and approaches."
- Report Section - Create customized documents which include executive summary and notes, key results, imported trend graphs, and selected records. The reports can be saved, edited, and shared.
- Users can set up alerts for new content on specific research topics.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "What is Illumin8." Illumin8 website, http://www.illumin8.com/aboutillumin8.php. Accessed October 6, 2011.
- ↑ "Evaluate." Illumin8 website, http://www.illumin8.com/explore_evaluate_compare.php#2. Accessed October 6, 2011.
- ↑ "Report." Illumin8 website, http://www.illumin8.com/explore_evaluate_compare.php#4. Accessed October 6, 2011.