|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Innovall is a pilot search product for patents, trademarks, and design rights that will be introduced into several test countries in Europe (Belgium, Italy, Portugal, and Spain) for further development. The Innovall website describes the unique search methodology used in the system:
The methodology used by the search tool, which is based on the eContent feasibility study INNOVATRIX, improves on the common word-only search model. The user is asked to insert an Action and a Subject (e.g. "reduce friction"), to which synonyms are then added (e.g. "decrease", "reduce", "grip", "resistance") to capture conceptually related documents, rather than just the ones where the exact words appear.
A presentation on the Innovall website states that the search system utilizes a database of over 10 million patent documents, and the system runs on a web-browser platform.
The producers of Innovall include a number of partnering companies from all over Europe, including:
- Inova+ (Coordinator, Portugal)
- CREAX (Technical aspects of search tool, Belgium)
- Cybion (Business Plan, Italy)
- IPN (Recruiting organizations to validate service, Portugal)
- Universidad de Alicante (All project activity in Spain)
- Infobalt (Gathering of market data and dissemination activities in the Baltic States, Lithuania)
According to the eTEN portal, the project began in October 2007 and ended in June 2009.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Welcome to Innovall." Innovall website, http://www.innovall.eu/. Accessed October 6, 2011.
- ↑ "Innovall." PowerPoint presentation on Innovall website at http://www.innovall.eu/GeneralPresentation.ppt. Accessed October 6, 2011.
- ↑ "Partners." Innovall website, http://www.innovall.eu/index.php?page=partners. Accessed October 6, 2011.
- ↑ "Project Factsheets :: eTEN :: INNOVALL." eTEN website, http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/eten/cf/opdb/cf/project/index.cfm?mode=detail&project_ref=ETEN-046223. Accessed February 13, 2012.