|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Mendeley is a free reference manager and "crowd-sourced research catalog" accessible online. Users must first register for a free account on the site and download the Mendeley reference manager. Tools and features available through Mendeley include:
- A Reference Manager - The free reference manager is downloaded directly from the Mendeley website and includes a Word Plugin that allows users to create bibliographies in Microsoft Word. The reference manager tool includes:
- Citation styles for over 1000 journals in a community managed database.
- Flexible formatting - Hanging indents, the use of “Ibid.”, author disambiguation.
- Ability to share bibliographies in a private group, and any member can add or edit cited references.
- Annotated PDFs - Ability to open PDFs in multiple tabs, add annotations and highlights to PDFs, share annotations in a private group, and save/print annotations.
- Organize PDFs - Users can identify recently added papers, add favorites, and store PDFs in multiple folders. PDFs are automatically scanned to identify author, title, journal, etc., and users can keyword search all files (in full text) or navigate through fields like Author, Title, Publisher and Journal.
- Import from Multiple Sources - Import documents in BibTeX, RIS and EndNote™ XML files, import online documents from search engines and academic databases, drag and drop any PDF from your desktop directly to Mendeley, and choose folders to "watch" on your computer, where documents added to that folder are automatically added to the Mendeley library.
- Share Documents - Users can share documents through groups on Mendeley, and group members can see papers/folders added to the group on their newsfeed.
- Access Papers Anywhere - Users get 1 GB of free online storage on Mendeley, so they can save their library of documents online and view documents anywhere through desktop, web, or mobile access.
- Search Papers, Groups, and People - Search through a crowd-sourced research catalog of over 34 million papers, search over 39,000 public groups, and identify contacts (through email account contacts or by search).
- ↑ "Network and Discover." Mendeley website, http://www.mendeley.com/features/network-and-discover/. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- ↑ "Reference Manager." Mendeley website, http://www.mendeley.com/features/reference-manager/. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- ↑ "Read and Annotate." Mendeley website, http://www.mendeley.com/features/read-and-annotate/. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Add & Organize." Mendeley website, http://www.mendeley.com/features/add-and-organize/. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- ↑ "Collaborate." Mendeley website, http://www.mendeley.com/features/collaborate/. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- ↑ "Backup, Syn, & Mobile." Mendeley website, http://www.mendeley.com/features/backup-sync-mobile/. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- ↑ "Papers." Mendeley website, http://www.mendeley.com/research-papers/. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- ↑ "Groups." Mendeley website, http://www.mendeley.com/groups/. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- ↑ "People." Mendeley website, https://www.mendeley.com/find/ (link no longer available). Accessed April 23, 2012.