National Informatics Centre (India)
|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The National Informatics Centre of India provides a search system for the bibliographic data of Indian and non-Indian patent documents. Users can enter queries through five different types of search forms for non-Indian patent documents:
- Unique Field Search - Patent number, Patent number without publishing country, Priority number, or Application number
- Single Field Search - Title, Inventor, Applicant/Assignee, or IPC Classification
- Combined Field Search - Users can combine search terms from the fields of year (drop-down menu), IPC code, applicant name, inventor name, and keywords in title. Wildcard operators (*) and Boolean operators are supported through this form.
- Equivalent Search - Users can search for all equivalent documents for a particular patent document by providing a publishing country and patent number.
- US Patents Citation - Users can search for all cited and citing documents for US Patents (5500000 onwards).
Users can also search for Indian patents through four of the same search forms: Unique Field Search, Single Field Search, Combined Field Search and Equivalent Search. Only bibliographic data is provided for all patent documents. A list of field indicators and corresponding descriptions is available here.