|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
PatentLab II is an analysis tool created by the company Wisdomain to be used in conjunction with the Thomson Reuters-owned search tool Delphion. The software itself is free, and charges are assessed based on the number of patents downloaded into the PatentLab II–compatible format, which is a file format called (.LAA). Pricing information may change, but in 2008 the Delphion website listed this pricing schedule for the download of PatentLab II compatible files:
- The program can import up to 20,000 documents, and according to the product information page, it can create “2D and 3D graphs and charts comprised of your search results.”
- The system allows user-defined data to be added to individual patent records, including a “fixed keyword” tag and up to 4 additional user-defined data points.
- The program offers a manual data cleaning tool, but any de-duplication of the search results must be performed in Delphion before the data is imported into PatentLab.
- The program allows users to download IPC and US patent classification definitions as supplementary information.
- Text-mining or other keyword extraction tools are not provided.
- The program does not appear to allow in-system messaging or facilitate collaboration by multiple users.
For more information, see the PatentLab information page.