|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The Patent Library, created by Patent Integration Co. Ltd, is a "free worldwide patent publication and permalink service" that allows users to search by document number and obtain OCR'ed PDFs of patent documents. The site interface can be viewed in Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, or English.
The site interface consists of a search form where users can enter a document number, with a check box option to OCR any resulting PDF documents. Input rules for the document numbers for main countries (US, JP, CN, WO, EP, GB, DE, and FR) and other countries (IT, ES, NL, DD, NO, SE, CH, AT, DE, BE, IE, LU, RU, SU, UA, MD, HU, CZ, CS, HR, SI, LT, LV, CA, MX, AR, CL, IL, OA, MC, and DZ) are included in tables below the search form. The tables note if the OCR option is available for documents retrieved from each patenting authority.
Resulting documents are displayed in a PDF viewer embedded on the Patent Library website, and users can choose to skip to specific pages of the document or utilize these features of the site:
- Split Screen: One text can be displayed on two screen areas.
- List View: Multiple patent search results and browsing history are displayed at a glance.
- Permalink: Create a permalink of the displayed patent.
The following access limits are enforced on Patent Library (multiple inquiries of one patent within a 24 hour period will sill count as only one inquiry):
- Within 24 hours: Up to 100 unique patents can be viewed.
- Within 5 minutes: Up to 10 unique patents can be viewed.
- ↑ "Patent Library β." Patent Library website, http://patentsearch.jp/. Accessed May 14, 2012.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Patent Library Help." Patent Library website, http://patentsearch.jp/help.html. Accessed May 14, 2012.