|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Petapator is a Google Chrome browser extension that adds functionality onto the USPTO website search system. Petapator was developed by Kenneth Yip, and it is a development fork of Aspator, the Firefox add-on for the same purpose.
According to the Petapator download site, Petapator contains 8 main features:
- 1. Read searched patent abstracts, claims, drawings and bibliographies from USPTO and Espacenet on one single page.
- 2. View USPTO patent drawings directly. No need to install TIFF viewer.
- 3. Instant translation of patent abstract.
- 4. Patent classification analyzer.
- 5. Direct access to Espacenet and Google Patent Search.
- 6. Download PDF of a patent through pat2pdf.org.
- 7. Download multiple patents in one single PDF file or in separate PDF files.
- 8. Store your search records.
A guide prepared for Aspator can also be used to navigate the features of Petapator.
- ↑ Yip, Kenneth. Petapator Google Chrome extension page. Google Chrome website, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/eapjillhmgpcgfelagikhjeiboocofcm. Accessed December 07, 2011.