|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
|DWPI on Delphion is no longer available, as of March 31, 2012. DWPI data is available on the Thomson Innovation platform.|
Delphion offers three levels of access at yearly subscription prices: Basic, Premiere, and Unlimited. The most expensive of these is the Unlimited package, which is priced by “seats”, or number of individual users, and is available at $249 per month as of September 2008. Individual pricing packages may also be drawn up by sales staff with Thomson Reuters, and those interested are directed to contact a Thomson sales representative. A comparison of the features encompassed in subscription packages is available on the Delphion website, at http://www.delphion.com/products/research/products-compare3.
The December 2007 launch of Thomson Innovation was designed to essentially replace Thomson's Delphion and MicroPatent patent search services. Although these services are still available, it is likely that any interested parties will be directed to consider the new Thomson Innovation product, rather than a subscription to Delphion.
The following pricing information is also available from the Delphion information pages. The information in italic type below has been taken verbatim from the Delphion website.
PDF Pricing: 
For Delphion Unlimited subscribers, PDF Express is free for the US, EP, and WO collections and $3.25 for national collection records.
For Delphion Premier subscribers and Basic registrants, each document downloaded through PDF Express is $3.25.
File History Pricing:
The following pricing information is available on the Delphion website:
|File History Format||Charge*||Delivery Charge|
|PDF Image Download||$1.25/page||Not applicable|
|TIFF Image Download||$1.25/page||Not applicable|
|Searchable PDF Download||$2.50/page||Not applicable|
|PDF Image on CD-ROM||$1.25/page||Varies based on FedEx option chosen**|
|TIFF Image on CD-ROM||$1.25/page||Varies based on FedEx option chosen**|
|Searchable PDF on CD-ROM||$2.50/page||Varies based on FedEx option chosen**|
|Paper Copy||$1.00/page||Varies based on FedEx option chosen**|
* $45.00 minimum ** FedEx charges apply.
Related Service Charges
|Reference Type & Format||Charge|
|US reference, paper media||$3.00/reference|
|Non-US reference, paper media||$1.00/page|
|PDF Image, download or CD-ROM||$1.25/page|
|Searchable PDF, download or CD-ROM||$2.50/page|
Pricing for Data Extracts containing only patent office fields
These prices apply to Data Extracts that contain only patent office fields — even if you are working with the results of a DWPI search.
For Delphion Unlimited subscribers, Data Extract is free for extracts that do not exceed 500 records. For extracts exceeding 500 records, the following charges apply:
- $10 per additional set of 500 non-XML records that includes abstract, claims or both in the extract (NOTE: abstract and claims are automatically included when extracting for Thomson Data Analyzer; abstract is automatically included in extracts for ISI ReasearchSoft's EndNote®, Reference Manager®, and ProCite®).
- $15 per additional set of 500 records if XML is the download format (either bibliographic fields or full text).
- $5 per additional set of 500 records for all other fields in standard (non-XML) formats.
For Delphion Premier subscribers, each set of 500 records is charged as follows:
- $10 per set of 500 non-XML records that includes abstract, claims or both in the extract (NOTE: abstract and claims are automatically included when extracting for Thomson Data Analyzer; abstract is automatically included in extracts for ISI ReasearchSoft's EndNote®, Reference Manager®, and ProCite®).
- $15 per set of 500 records if XML is the download format (either bibliographic fields or full text).
- $5 per set of 500 records for all other fields in standard (non-XML) formats.
Pricing for Data Extracts containing DWPI fields
 These prices apply when your Data Extract contains one or more DWPI fields — even if you are working with the results of a patent office search.
Charges are based on the number of records downloaded in the extract — a set of 500 records is called a block.
Charges are calculated by first determining the number of complete 500-record blocks. Then, if the remainder is more than 200 records, you will be charged for one additional 500-record block. If the remainder is less than 200 records, then this is the number of individual records you will be charged for in addition to the number of blocks.
The actual per-record and per-block charges differ depending on whether you are using DWPI on a pay-per-use basis or you are a DWPI subscriber through your group/contract account.
|Transactional, per record (see note following)||500 record block|
|Delphion Unlimited or Premier user, using pay-per-use DWPI||$ 3||$ 600|
|DWPI on Delphion subscriber, through a group/contract account||$ 1||$ 200|
Note: Several patent office records could correspond to the same DWPI record. If you are working with the results of a patent office search and this occurs, you will only be charged for unique DWPI records.
In 2004, enhanced tracking capabilities were introduced to support client chargebacks for legal and consultative practices — as well as interdepartmental expense allocations in corporate environments. Activity reports and charge summaries may be viewed from the “My Account” page.
- ↑ "Thomson Scientific Launches Thomson Innovation." Press release from EContent Online Magazine, December 04, 2007, available at http://www.econtentmag.com/Articles/ArticleReader.aspx?ArticleID=40340. Accessed 09/10/2008
- ↑ http://www.delphion.com/help/pdfexpress#price
- ↑ http://www.delphion.com/products/research/products-filehist
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://www.delphion.com/help/dataextract#pricing1