Report:Inspec/Data Coverage/Number of Records and Update Frequency
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
Number of Records
Information on Inspec at the Engineering Information website states that there are about 5,000 Journals and over 2,500 conference proceedings in the file. However, a full list of publications provided to JISC-ADAT,a database comparison tool, shows that there are actually a total of 9,164 total non-patent sources in Inspec.
Most sources agree that there are around 4,000-5,000 journal sources in Inspec. Updates take place weekly with around 725,000 records added annually, and automatic current-awareness searches (SDIs) also update weekly. Inspec is a larger, more inclusive source than similar databases such as Compendex, NTIS, or PASCAL.
As of July 2011 around 1,000 videos from IET.tv were indexed on Inspec, and around 2,000 videos will be available by the end of 2011.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Inspec and Inspec Archive." Engineering Information website, http://www.ei.org/inspec_inspecarchive. Accessed on June 8, 2011.
- ↑ "JISC Academic Database Dashboard: Inspec." JISC website,http://www.jisc-adat.com/adat/adat_db_dashboard.pl?ns_ADAT:DB=Inspec#other. Accessed on February 7, 2012.
- ↑ "INSPEC Dialog Bluesheet." April 1, 2009. Dialog website, http://library.dialog.com/bluesheets/html/bl0002.html. Accessed on June 8, 2011.
- ↑ "INSPEC Product Sheet on Ovid." Ovid website, http://www.ovid.com/site/catalog/DataBase/107.jsp?top=2&mid=3&bottom=7&subsection=10. Accessed on June 8, 2011.
- ↑ "Inspec Signs Agreement to Index Japan Science and Technology Agency Journals." IET Inspec email, http://email.ietinfo.org/q/1NryKSaHnsn1AZ/wv. Accessed October 20, 2011.