Report:MARPAT on STN/Data Coverage/Patent Coverage/Legal Status Information
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
Legal Status Information
Legal status data for US patents (and non-US patents that have a US equivalent) granted after 1980 is available in CAplus, so users would need to switch from MARPAT to the CAplus file to view the available legal status information. Available legal status information includes:
- Reassignment Date (RAD)
- Reassignment Update Date (RAUP)
- Reassignment Kind (RAK)
- Patent Assignee, Original (PAO)
- Reassignment Execution Date (RAXD)
- Reassignment Company (RAC)
- Reassignment Agent (RAA)
- Microfilm Reel Number of the document at the USPTO (MRN)
- Microfilm Frame Number of the document at the USPTO (MFN)
Legal status information may also be available in files from other data producers that have been loaded onto the STN system, such as the INPADOCDB file, a worldwide legal status file produced by the EPO (and updated weekly). In addition, if the document of interest is from France, French national legal status data may be available from the FRANCEPAT database (a closed file since 2009 and therefore probably outdated), produced by INPI (the French Patent Office). Similarly, if the document of interest is a Russian Patent, national legal status data may be available in the RUSSIAPAT file, produced by ROSPAT (the Russian Agency for Patents and Trademarks).
The most reliable, up-to date legal status data for any patent document of interest should be ascertained by checking the national legal status register for that country whenever possible. Some countries have placed their national registers online, while others have not.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "CA/CAplus enhanced with legal status information for U.S. patents." CAplus website, http://www.stn-international.net/stn_news_message_09.html?&cHash=e2799fc8f4&tx_ttnews[pointer]=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=944&tx_ttnews[backPid]=6436. Accessed July 7, 2011.