Report:PatBase/Import, Export, and Download/Downloads
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
Unlimited downloading for PDF documents is not included in PatBase's basic subscription package. A separate subscription to Minesoft's PatentOrder is required to obtain patent downloads. PatBase administrators can select from a variety of subscription options for PatentOrder:
- PatentOrder Intranet customers can simply type in their PatentOrder URL to order documents.
- PatentOrder Desktop customers can cut and paste the PDF numbers from the PatBase Order page into their PatentOrder Desktop window (see the description below).
- For Pay-as-you-go customers, Managers are able to purchase PDF credits in batches of 200.
- Users can also contact Minesoft for unlimited PDF PatentOrder subscription options.
PatBase makes it easy to select the documents to download and import them into PatentOrder Desktop. This is done by selecting the small checkbox next to the PDF symbol of the desired patent document. Each checked document number is stored immediately, so users can continue searching and choose many other documents to order along the way. Once the appropriate documents are chosen, users can select the Order button in the floating toolbar, or use the Order tab in the Main Menu, to open a new screen with the list of selected document numbers.
On the PDF order screen, users can enter any additional document numbers that they would like to purchase alongside the list of selected documents. Clicking on the Order button behind the document list will connect directly with PatentOrder (if that service was purchased along with the user's PatBase subscription). Users can then download the PDF documents.
If PatentOrder is not linked with the user's PatBase subscription, the list of document numbers is copied to the clipboard to be pasted into the interface of a service such as PatentOrder Desktop.
In order to batch order PDFs, users can select the "More" option beside a search query to open the "More options" menu and select "Order documents."
From the "Order documents" window, the user can select to:
- Download from all countries – download all the PDFs available from the corresponding search results.
- Download from the following countries only – Specify by order of preference which countries you would like to download patents from (separate country codes with a space, e.g. EP US CH FR)
- Download one per family – download one PDF per family and specify the country preference order for these patents (Separate country codes with a space, e.g. US GB EP WO). The system will take the first document that matches your country preference from the family table.
- Download highlighted publications from family table only – Where a search strategy results in publications being highlighted within the family table, this option will appear, in which case selecting this option will enable you to order PDFs which correspond to the highlighted publication displayed within results.
A "Save Complete PDF" icon is also available at the top of the PDF page-by-page view for users "who subscribe to PatentOrder Intranet or where Minesoft is hosting the PatentOrder service for the client."
Although PatentOrder claims Espacenet as a source of downloadable patent documents, it is unclear from PatBase's internal help documentation whether the entire image collection from Espacenet is available for download through PatentOrder. Although the help documentation gave a more limited list of countries than were currently available on Espacenet as of 2011, a PatBase sales representative stated that this help file information was outdated. So the exact coverage of the PatentOrder service is not known as of December 2011, but is likely to contain at least those countries and coverage dates listed in the PDF Country Coverage document.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "PatBase Manual." PatBase website (restricted), http://www.patbase.com/Manual.pdf . Accessed December 13, 2011.
- ↑ "PatentOrder Coverage." PatentOrder website, http://www.patentorder.com/. Accessed December 13, 2011.
- ↑ PDF Country Coverage information. PatBase User Guide, http://www.patbase.com/help/pdfwebsite.pdf. Accessed February 09, 2009.