Report:STN/Data Coverage/Patent Coverage/Legal Status Information
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
Legal Status Information
Legal status information for patent documents is available in STN through the INPADOCDB, IFICLS, and IMSPATENTS files.
- The INPADOCDB database on STN contains more than 89 million legal status data from 1978 to the present in almost 22 million records. This database is updated weekly with 40,000 to 180,000 new legal status entries. For more information on legal status information through INPADOC, see the INPADOC article.
- The IFICLS database on STN contains current legal status information on US patents with more than 2.2 million records from 1980 to present. IFICLS is reloaded annually and updated weekly.
- The IMSPATENTS database contains expirations, extensions, ans SPCs for drug patents. IMSPATENTS contains more than 239,000 records from 1995 to present and is updated monthly and reloaded annually. IMSPATENTS is no longer available on STN Easy.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Patent Family and Legal Status Search Techniques." CAS website, http://www.cas.org/ASSETS/E416C9A3D97E44C884AE0DC008F71BC2/patentfamily.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2011.
- ↑ "INPADOC STN Database Summary Sheet." CAS website, http://www.cas.org/ASSETS/970C248E54E449269F40AED522813632/inpadocdb.pdf. Accessed on July 19, 2011.
- ↑ "IFICLS (IFI Current Patent Legal Status Database)." CAS website, http://www.cas.org/ASSETS/0231C68D3B434FDFA6767DDE64E29EC2/ificls.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2011.
- ↑ "IMSPATENTS (IMS LifeCycle Patent Focus)." CAS website, http://www.cas.org/ASSETS/FE003B5267D0426E9B6607B92864048D/imspatents.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2011.
- ↑ "Removal of ITRD, AEROSPACE, AGRICOLA and IMSPATENTS from STN Easy." STN International website, http://bit.ly/sdIEIo. Accessed December 12, 2011.