Report:STN/Import, Export, and Download/Import Functions
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
For structure searching, structures may be uploaded using the UPLOAD command. Users can also use the "Upload Query" wizard on STN Express to upload sequences or structures. See the MARPAT on STN and CAplus articles for more information regarding structure searching in STN.
Search Term Command FilesIn STN Express, versions 8.4 and higher, users can now create a search script from a text file of search terms. Users can create the command file by selecting under the "Query" drop down menu "Create Search Term Command File." Users then must define:
- Location of the file containing your search terms (e.g., 17pn.txt)
- Field code(s) (e.g., PN or TI,AB) for the field(s) in which you want your terms to be searched
- Character(s) you used to separate search terms in your text file (Note: Carriage return is always treated as a separator.)
- Insert quotation marks around each term to search as bound phrases, if you want terms to be searched as bound phrases
- Name for the output command file (e.g., 17pnoutput)
Users then can run the command file search by selecting under the "Query" drop down menu "Run Command File" and opening the correct file.
Users can also upload command files to STN on the Web by selecting the "Upload Command File" button in the navigation bar.
A Command File should be carefully prepared and checked before uploading to STN and running, therefore allowing the user to keep associated online fees to a minimum.
- ↑ "STN Express Version 8.4 for Windows." CAS website, http://www.cas.org/ASSETS/1E5315BFABD74BAE9427954707BB55D1/winug84.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "Creating a search term command file." CAS website, http://www.cas.org/support/stnexp/seehow/searchterm.html. Accessed July 21, 2011.
- ↑ "Documentation." STN on the Web site, https://stnweb.cas.org. Accessed July 22, 2011.