Report:STN/Search History Interface/Preferences
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
STN Express offers a variety of customizable preferences. Available preference tabs under the STN Online and Results Preferences menu include:
- Function keys
- User data
The screenshots below show a small sampling of the preference options available:
Users can access the "Preferences" page on STN Easy by selecting "Preferences" on the Navigation Frame. Within the "Preferences Page," users can:
- Change your password
- Choose the language you prefer for STNEasy screens and Helps
- Activate/deactivate the Charge Back Code feature
- Set your default category of databases for Advanced Search
- Set your default patent database category in Patent Lookup search
- Set your default search mode (Easy Search, Advanced Search, CAS Number, Patent Lookup)
- Include/exclude plurals of search terms
- Include/exclude abbreviations of search terms
- Show/hide database posting counts, i.e., the number of hits, when browsing indexes
- Set the number of answers displayed automatically after each search
- Turn on/off hit-term highlighting
- Choose your default display format
- Choose your default display style
No preference options seem to be available for STN on the Web, although various Assistants can be used to customize individual searches.
- ↑ "STN Express Version 8.4 for Windows." CAS website, http://www.cas.org/ASSETS/1E5315BFABD74BAE9427954707BB55D1/winug84.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2011.
- ↑ "Preferences." STN Easy website, https://stneasy.cas.org/html/english/helps/1getstrt/1Fprefs.htm. Accessed July 25, 2011.