Report:STN/Search Interface/The Search Forms/Patent Lookup
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
The third search form option in STN Easy is Patent Lookup. Patent Lookup functions as a shortcut for those who are specifically searching for patent results. In the Patent Lookup form, the Patents database category is automatically selected, but users can change the patent category by selecting the blue "Select Your Category" button. The default patent category is "Patents," but users can also select the other available patent categories: International, National, Full-text, or Citations. Users can also view the individual databases within each category and deselect the box corresponding with any database they do not want to search. After selecting their desired patent category, search fields in the Patent Lookup form are presented for:
- Subject Words
- Patent Assignee
- IPC Classification
- Patent Publication Number or Patent Country
- Publication Date
- Application Number or Application Country
- Priority Number or Priority Country
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Patent Lookup Overview." STN Easy website, https://stneasy.cas.org/html/english/helps/2search/2A5patover.htm. Accessed July 20, 2011.
- ↑ STN Easy Categories and Databases." STN Easy website, https://stneasy.cas.org/html/english/helps/1getstrt/1Aabout/1A3databases.htm. Accessed July 20, 2011.