Report:TotalPatent/Customer Support/Online Help Features
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
Online Help Features
An online user guide, flash tutorials, contact information, and even a list of legal status codes are all available from the system help files. Most of the information provided in the help files, user guide and tutorial is directed to beginners; no in-depth information about system content is provided. Some help and trouble shooting tips are also integrated into the interface of the search system. For example, as of July 2009, links are now provided underneath the Advanced Search form that direct users to the user guide to help with searchable fields and connectors. System error messages have also been re-written to include trouble-shooting tips and hints.
The system help files are directed to the practical use of the database, and do not give much information beyond how to use the tool. However, best practices information is sometimes displayed, especially in the section describing the available search operators (“connectors”) and their use. Some screenshots, notes, and user tips are also intermittently displayed throughout the online help file. Side menus on each help page link users to related information, such as "Page Descriptions," " Reference Material," and "How Do I...?" links, and an alphabetical index is also available for the online help file. Under the "Tutorials" section, users can view a basic tutorial on the use of TotalPatent or a tutorial on using the semantic search form. The tutorial is helpful for complete beginners who cannot understand how to use the search form or other basic features, but will not be very helpful for novice users looking to improve their search skills. Detailed coverage information is also available through the online help files, and as of July 2012, more details on bibliographic, full text, and machine translation coverage and further information on images and PDF coverage are listed in the help files. Finally, users can utilize a keyword search form to search the online help files.
The user guide (accessible through a link in the online help files for subscribed users only) is rather brief, but it does provide some screenshots, best-practice notes, and user tips. It does not contain detailed troubleshooting or best practices information, however.
As of July 2012, a direct TotalPatent customer support number is available for US, Canada, and Mexico customers at 1-877-412-3987. A list of local and regional support centers around the globe can be found on the LexisNexis website. Currently, customer support numbers are listed for the following countries:
- Australia - 0011-800-543-68621 (toll free from Australia)
- Austria - +49 211 41 74 35 40
- Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg - (31) 20 5159444
- Canada - 1-800-543-6862
- China - +86 400-600-8680
- France - 0 821 200 700
- Germany - +49 211 41 74 35 40
- India - +91 (0)- 124-4774477 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Italy - (31) 20 5159444
- Japan - 813-5787-3514
- Netherlands - (31) 20 5159444
- New Zealand - 0800-44-0814 (toll free from New Zealand)
- Poland - (22) 572-99-99
- South Korea - +82-(0)2-6714- 3154
- United States - 1-800-543-6862
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Enhancements to TotalPatent™." LexisNexis website, http://www.lexisnexis.com/total-patent-enhancements/ . Accessed March 23, 2012.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "TotalPatent™ 01 Jul 2012 Release." LexisNexis website, http://www.lexisnexis.com/total-patent-enhancements/. Accessed June 29, 2012.
- ↑ TotalPatent Contact Information Page. TotalPatent Website, http://support.lexis-nexis.com/contact_us.asp#totalpatent. Accessed on June 29, 2012.