|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
|Browser-based or Desktop interface:||Browser-based|
|Patent data collections created by topic:||None|
|Contains data indexed by non-patent-office developed classification schemes (e.g. Derwent Manual Codes):||No|
|IPC code searching:||Yes|
|US Classification searching:||Yes|
|ECLA code searching:||Yes|
|Japanese F-terms or File Indexing:||Yes|
|Section-specific Text Searching (e.g. a search in “claims only”?):||Yes|
|Chemical Structure Draw/Search Tool:||No|
|Command line interface:||Yes, the search forms host a large text box which can be used along with field qualifiers as a command-line style search.|
|Web-Browser Search Form:||Yes|
|Saving Search Histories:||User command required. If the user does not permanently save a search query, it will appear in the "Recent Searches" folder for 72 hours, and then it will be erased.|
|Combining (stacking) Search Queries:||Yes|
|Advanced Keyword Highlighting (the ability to define terms to be highlighted when viewing full text results ):||No|
|Keyword In Context Display (generates excerpts containing searched-for terms for quick review):||Yes, users can turn on or off the highlighted keyword-in-context excerpts in the result list.|
|Linear Reference Viewing (clicking “Next” takes you to the next patent in the hitlist):||Yes|
|Saving Results Sets:||Yes, sets of up to 20,000 documents can be saved into a TotalPatent work file.|
|Flagging Individual Results:||Yes, users may flag documents of interest, and may also add searchable notes (or private comments) to documents.|
|Statistical Analysis:||Yes, an interactive graphing feature is available.|
|Other (In-Program) Analysis Tools:||Yes, a citation mapping tool shows citation relationships between groups of up to 20 documents. A comparison tool is also available that allows users to compare up to three results sets and generate a chart visualizing common documents between the result sets.|
|PDF document delivery:||Batch|
| Online Help Guide:
|Web Seminars:||No, although two online tutorials and a short pre-recorded webinar are available on the LexisNexis website about using TotalPatent.|
|Live Help:||Yes, LexisNexis has a main customer support hotline. Local and regional customer support numbers are also available for many regions around the globe.|
|Automatic Logoff:||Yes, after 5 hours.|
|Secure Connection Option:||Yes|
|Pricing:||Combination. Flat fee subscriptions are available; a pay-per-use fee schedule is applicable to non-subscribers.|
- ↑ "LexisNexis® TotalPatent™ User Guide." LexisNexis website, https://www.lexisnexis.com/totalpatent/retrieveHelpManual.do?lang=EN (restricted). Accessed April 25, 2012.
- ↑ "TotalPatent™ 3/17/2012 Release." LexisNexis website, http://www.lexisnexis.com/total-patent-enhancements/. Accessed April 9, 2012.
- ↑ "TotalPatent® Tutorials." LexisNexis website, http://help.lexisnexis.com/tabula-rasa/totalpatent/tutorial_cpt-concept?lbu=US&locale=en_US&audience=online. Accessed April 25, 2012.
- ↑ "Leverage Your Boolean Search Expertise With the Latest Technology: Semantic Searching on Totalpatent™." LexisNexis website, http://law.lexisnexis.com/webcasting/default.aspx?multimedia_id=42306&campaign_id=204. Accessed April 25, 2012.
- ↑ Correspondence with TotalPatent Representative via email. Received May 14, 2012.