Thailand Patent Office Search (DIP)
|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The Department of Intellectual Property (DIP) is a search system provided by the Thailand Intellectual Property Information Center. All text in the website is in Thai, so users should use translation software, like Google Translate, to translate the website and results into the language of there choice. All quotes from this website are translated from Thai into English.
The patent documents searchable through this site originate from the following authorities:
- "DIP (Thailand) - Thailand Intellectual Property Information Center"
- "USPTO - US Patent & Trademark Office"
- "JPO (Japan) - Japan Patent Office"
- "SIPO - State Intellectual Property Office of the P.R.C"
- "KIPO (Korea) - Korea Intellectual Property Rights Information Service"
- "IP Australia - Intellectual Property Australia"
- "WIPO - World Intellectual Property Organization"
- "DPMA (Germany) - German Patent and Trade Mark Office"
- "EPO - European Patent Office"
A list of all display data and search fields available for each source, as well as individual country codes, can be found in the Help section.
Users have the options of the following search forms:
- Quick Search - Users can enter a word or sentence into a single search form, and they can also indicate if they are searching for synonyms, acronyms, or homonyms (Thai only).
- Simple Search - The simple search form is exactly the same as the quick search form, except that users can also select which sources to search in.
- IPC/IDC Code Search - Users can search by IPC or IDC code. The correct format for entering the code according to each patent authority is demonstrated below the search form. Users can also select which sources to search in.
- Patent Number Search - Users can search by patent number. The correct format for entering the number according to each patent authority is demonstrated below the search form. Users can also select which sources to search in.
- Complex Search - The complex search allows users to select fields via a drop down menu, a comparison symbol (like, =, <, >, <>, <=, >=, in), a "statement" section for entering a keyword or number, a "Join operator" (AND, OR, AND NOT, OR NOT), and a "String Comparison" (apart, equal, begin with, end with). Additional search forms will automatically appear if the user wants to join multiple search terms. Users can also select which sources to search in.
Users can chooses to view the Title, Abstract, Claims, Description, Applicant, Inventor, and Category in the full record display of the search result. The search results appear in a list format, and users select a document to view that opens in a separate screen. Users can view the full document or the abstract in a PDF format (if available).
- ↑ "Help." DIP website, http://patentsearch.moc.go.th/DIPSearch/PatentSearch/Help.aspx (link no longer available). Accessed April 28, 2011.